Monday, July 5, 2010

Blog #8 - Research Project

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July and a nice holiday today.

I just finally completed my research project. I wrote about the ancient peoples of Egypt. It is nice to stop and take a deeper dive in regards to some of these civilizations we are studying to get to know the people more. It was also nice to take a field trip to a museum. I don't take the time to just go out and visit one unless I have too, so it was nice.

During my research on the Egyptian peoples I came across the youtube video from the History Chanel called "Engineering an Empire - Egypt - 1 of 10" I watched all 10 excerpts. It was really interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_2Fxp_e0s

What a stress though... I almost lost my research paper to a virus. Very scarry. I had been working on my paper for about 6 hours I was only a couple of paragraphs away from completing and all of a sudden my computer started going crazy with asking me to protect my computer. The virus name was AV Suite and it was actually malware but it totally hosed my computer. It wouldn't let me email or anything. Luckily I was able to get a USB hub and it reluctantly allowed my to save to it. So then I was able to finish my report on my husbands computer while he fixed mine. Whew... thank god. Can you imagine loosing your paper after all that work. bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. I would have been freaked out! Thank goodness you were able to retrieve your paper!!

    ReplyDelete